Edinburgh Past and Present: Its Associations and Surroundings was written by William Ballingal and published in 1877. It features illustrations, poems, and stories about Edinburgh's people and history up until the late 19th century.
Browse Edinburgh Past and Present by William Ballingal
- Title Pages
- Ch I: General Description of Edinburgh
- Ch II: The Old Town
- Ch III: Edinburgh from Warriston Cemetery
- Ch IV: Historical and Descriptive Notes
- Ch V: Modern Dwellings of the People
- Ch VI: Queensferry to Mussleburgh, Along the Shore
- Ch VII: Roslin, Hawthornden, and The Vale of The Esk
- Ch VIII: Outline of the Geology of Edinburgh and Its Neighbourhood
The scans of Edinburgh Bookshelf are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.